Should You Read or Watch? (Movie vs Book Part 2) (Post 3 of Blog Week 2) (Quickie)

So a little while ago I made a post discussing why most book movies fail and how some become better in the form of a movie and I thought that since a lot of people said they agreed with what I had said and then some of them proceeded to write their own movie vs book blogs that I would write a part 2. But this time I won't be writing whether or not the book movie is better or worse than the book but rather if watching a movie is better or worse than reading a book. Let's get started.
As I mentioned in my previous book vs movie post, books tend to be more detailed and are a bit easier to pace properly. However, when movies manage to be more detailed they are really good for the most part. But since books that have a lot more detail are a bit easier to come by so I guess books win that argument. So now the visual aspect of a movie comes in and ties it up right? Well although that is what I said in my previous blog, I was being a big dumb dumb and overlooked something huge. Comic books. These are almost a combination of the two and that's why so many people love these to death. And to be honest I can't blame them. I tried reading one comic book in fourth grade and after that I wouldn't read regular books for the rest of my fourth grade year. In all honesty, if all books had a comic book version I would still probably only reading comic books. But I also noticed that people who read comic books were also typically people who preferred movies to books and I think I know why. Ease. I think that's why so many people prefer movies and comic books to books.
So, the question still remains, should you watch or read? Well, reading is better for you, less straining of the eyes looking at a screen, its better of your brain so in reality, we should probably all read quite a bit more than we watch but if you're like me you are probably going to watch more than you read even if you know you shouldn't. And for me its because of the easy factor I mentioned earlier. Its a lot easier to watch a movie and just absorb information than it is to absorb information from a book because of the visual aspect as well as the fact that watching a movie typically takes less time than reading a book and therefore you don't need to stay focused for as long. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you found this at least somewhat interesting because I know it really isn't a helpful blog post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crappy Villains That We See Too Often in Literature (Post 6 of Blog Week 2)(Quickie)

What genre is 2020?

Ranking All the Genres I Can Think Of (Last Post of Blog Week 2) (Quickie)