A review of Sara Pennypacker's Pax by Cameron McGIll (Post 2 of Blog Week)

Hello reader, today I, Cameron McGill will be reviewing Sara Pennypacker's novel Pax written in 2016. The novel follows two narratives, that of Pax the fox and that of Pax's owner, Peter. As usual, before I launch into my full review, I would like to mention that there will be a few spoilers so if you don't want the book spoiled, stop reading or man up like the mighty Charlie Hechler. =)
The novel takes place who knows when and is located in what seems to be a future America where the east and west are about to go to war due to disagreements about how to deal with the shortages in water. Peter is moving to his grandfather's home since his father is about to go to war and he is unable to bring his fox Pax with him so he is forced to set him free. However, Peter decides to go looking for Pax and ends up meeting several odd characters and facing a number of challenges during his search for his beloved fox.
I give the book a 8/10. I would be willing to give it a higher score if it weren't for its disappointing and easily anticipated ending. The reason I am not marking it lower for its poor ending is because I couldn't think of another outcome that would fit the book's plot. But as much as I disliked the book's ending, I still thought that the majority of the novel was very interesting and unique due to its great plot and memorable characters. Anyways, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the second post of blog week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crappy Villains That We See Too Often in Literature (Post 6 of Blog Week 2)(Quickie)

What genre is 2020?

Ranking All the Genres I Can Think Of (Last Post of Blog Week 2) (Quickie)