A review of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay by Cameron McGill (Post 3 of Blog Week)

Hello All. Recently I finished the third installment in the Hunger Games Series and I am disappointed. It takes everything that made the second book an insult to the first and says, "Hey, what if we repeat ourselves again but only this time we make it REALLY obvious?" And guess what, that is exactly what it does. There will be a few minor spoilers in this book but nothing major. Anyways, here is my review of the book, I guess.
The book takes place shortly after the second and this time instead of being in an arena, she is fighting the capitol themselves. You know how I said in my other reviews how the first halves of the other two books were kinda boring but in the first one it was worth it in the end and in the second one it was kind of worth it in the end? Well in this book, that first boring half is now a first boring two thirds and it isn't worth it at all. The first part of this book is the characters restating what we already know and during that time there is little to no character development. There is also almost no tension in the first two thirds of the book which is part of what made the first part of the other two book worth it in the end.
You are probably tired of me pointing a finger at the first two thirds of the book and you might be wondering if the rest is any good. And the answer, not really no. The last third isn't that good either due to the same problem, repetition. The plot isn't the same, but the emotional context being applied is the same and therefore the reader feels no different than they did reading the first two books making the book boring and uneventful.
Overall, I would give this book a 3/10. If it weren't part of a series that hadn't already done what this book had done I would happily give it a higher score. Anyway, thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you are enjoying Blog Week so far. In tomorrow's post I will be discussing the pros and cons of movies based on books so if you are interested, keep and eye out for it, it'll be out soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crappy Villains That We See Too Often in Literature (Post 6 of Blog Week 2)(Quickie)

What genre is 2020?

Ranking All the Genres I Can Think Of (Last Post of Blog Week 2) (Quickie)